jessiebelle

jessiebelle

Chastity (Eternal Beloved, #2)

Chastity (Eternal Beloved, #2) - R. Rodriguez I liked Chastity more than the book before it Grace. Though I wasn't a fan of the character, Chastity at first (much like I didn't care for Grace), I grew to like her. When she finally decided to do what was best for her, I couldn't help, but cheer her on. What Chastity went through seemed relatable to me. I have known so many people who didn't get the love they deserved from their parents, and just have been treated badly for things they had no control over. I have seen what people who are treated like that will do. Seeing Chastity grow beyond that was amazing.I did have a two small problems. One, Chastity's love interest, Jared. Many of the characters aren't likable, granted they weren't supposed to be, but I suppose that was okay. Jared was a good guy, and Chastity deserved someone like that. I don't know why, but I didn't like him. (Maybe I just had high expectations after Lucien in Grace.) The second problem, which was probably my fault (again my expectations might have been a bit high). I was a tad bit disappointed with the ending, however, I still enjoyed the book, and it didn't kill anything for me. Of course by the end I was just so proud of Chastity and what she had done that the ending probably could have been worse and it still wouldn't have mattered to me. Once I was sucked up into it and couldn't put it down, there was no question about the rating I would give it. I would give it a 4 out of 5. And as with Grace, I would highly recommend this book to people who are into both contemporary and/or paranormal romance. The book can also be read without reading Grace, as they aren't exactly connected.I was given this book by the author for an honest review.