jessiebelle

jessiebelle

Fraction of Stone (Fraction, #1)

Fraction of Stone (Fraction, #1) - Kelley Lynn Ugh, I'm just so angry I finished this book. Though I rushed to finish it, it's just one of those books I just wished didn't have to end. When I started this book, I as I seem to often do, forgot what it was about. All I remembered was I needed to read it. Fraction of Stone was incredibly easy for me to get into. I didn't want to put my kindle down. Which was nice, I haven't really been able to keep my attention on anything. The book was also a quick read for me, I finished it in about two days. Of course, a part of that could have been that I didn't want to put it down.I liked the characters we have Rydan whose very optimistic, who wants to believe that there are good people that should be saved. Then we there's Akara who has limited interaction with the world as a whole and doesn't believe that the world is worth saving, or even living in. As the book progress, we see Rydan's faith in other sort of falter and he begins to understand why Akara sees the world the way she does. Where Akara is looking for a reason to save the world. For the majority of the book, each chapter alternates between their point-of-views. Though I did like that and I felt that we got to know the two main characters that way, I felt like there was still things missing about the characters.There were two things that bothered me. One was that there were parts that felt like they were a little dragged out, while others felt a little rushed. The other isn't really a break it thing, is that this is the first in a series, so I personally had a few questions/things I wanted answers to, but obviously didn't get. Before I forget, there is also the ending itself which leaves a few questions in it's wake.I received a copy to review for a tour put together by Xpresso Book Tours.