jessiebelle

jessiebelle

Guardians of the Grimoire (Volume 1)

Guardians of the Grimoire (Volume 1) - Natasha Slight I really don't usually not finish books, however, I don't ever see me bothering to pick up this book again. I was really excited when I was asked to read this book. I love fantasy books, I love YA, I thought perfect. The problem? I can't get into this book. I felt like the first few chapters were just a giant prologue. And, then just when I start to get comfortable BAM different character POV, every single time. I don't know if that changes at some point or what. Maybe if I gave it more time, but my patience has seriously run out with this one. I really don't mind there being different POV, I even enjoy them every now and then, but sometimes a story can be told from just a character or two's point of view. We don't really have to know everyone's (and their mothers', I know I'm blowing it out of proportion now, but you have my point right?) point of view of the story, it isn't necessary, and would just drive me crazy.This was given to me by the author for an honest review.