jessiebelle

jessiebelle

Hidden (Hidden Series)

Hidden - M. Lathan Alright, so Hidden begins with the kind of cliche "how did I get here" sort of things. Looking back on it, I'm not really sure what later event the prologue is later talking about. However, I would never say that these kinds of beginnings are bad, the rather quick prologue sucked me in and I wanted to know what was going on.We are soon introduced to Leah/Christine who is a victim of bullying and seems to be dealing with depression. Often times I have difficulties reading books that deal with topics like these. Just because I usually feel that they're over the top, or I think the characters don't seem very believable with what they are dealing with. However, I didn't feel that way with Christine, to me she felt believable/relatable.I had two problems with this book. The first being that it felt really slow. I don't think it was that long, and even though I was interested in, I kind of felt like it was longer than it needed to be. I was just wanted to get to the point, especially once I got closer to the end. And, once there it felt kind of anti-climatic (but I wasn't really surprised considering the rest of the book). My second probable was some of the characters. I don't know what it was, but I didn't exactly like any of them very much. Though I did find some of them amusing like Paul.I'd give the book a 3.5 out of 5. I'm looking forward to reading the second book, I'm curious to find out how things turn out.I received a copy to review for a tour put together by Xpresso Book Tours.