jessiebelle

jessiebelle

Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1) - Kriston Johnson First, thing first, can I direct your attention to the cover? I have to tell you how much I love it. I don't know what it is, but it is definitely part of what drew me to be part of this Awakened blog tour. And then the description for the book sounds interesting no? Well if we're done admiring the cover, which by the way, I am not, we'll move on.I think for the most part, this will be a rather quick review. I'll be honest with you, I've given the book a 4/5. However, I don't think I've gotten far enough away from the book yet to make a sound decision. I'm just not sure how much I like this book, if that makes sense.Okay. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into the book as quickly I was hoping to, however, once I got past the prologue everything was fine it took me about two sitting to finish the book. I didn't want to put it down, I forgot to eat, I was going to do some cleaning and some other stuff I forgot about. The whole average teen girl finding herself in a fantasy world, and finding out she has powers, might not be original, but it's a bit new for me outside of manga so it was kind of nice. There were a few things that had surprised me, things that had happened to Jade's father (or even her mother) for example, so it was nice to see that I shouldn't expect the book to be completely predictable or anything.As for the cast of characters, I really liked them, with a single exception and this is one of the things that makes me wonder how much I really liked the book. Jade. Sometimes I really liked her character and sometimes I just couldn't stand her. There were also a few times were the dialogue between the characters seemed kind of strange to me. They also talked a lot. Something would happened and the characters would just stand around and Jade would ask questions and they would just talk, like the hadn't just been attacked or something. I found this a bit strange that this of all things annoyed me since I tend to be annoyed when books don't really have much dialogue between characters, but this was just over doing it a bit.Still, I do see myself rereading this sometime in the future. Then, there was the ending and the prologue, which left me wanting more. Was it the best book I've ever read? No, of course not. But I really did enjoy it and I want more, in the end that was what mattered.Somehow, this review didn't turn out as short as I expected it to.I received a copy to review for a tour put together by Xpresso Book Tours.