jessiebelle

jessiebelle

Arrow of the Mist

Arrow of the Mist - Christina Mercer Okay, I have to admit, I'm not really sure how I feel about this book right now. I feel like I say that often. However, I think it's my current mood that's keeping me from really thinking straight. And, I know I say this often too, but I mean it this time, I think this will be a short review.The good? I liked the characters and/or felt neutral about others, so no problem there. Even though I think Lia's character type is a bit overused in fantasy. I would love to see a girl character who wants what other girls want at first, but is still capable of wanting other things and not always fitting into the norm. The whole "I wear boy's clothes, I'm not married, blah blah blah" is a bit old just saying. Still, I did like Lia's character, so it was all good.I also liked the story which helped a great deal. However, for me the story felt a bit slow, which made the book feel a bit longer than I had expected. At first I would take breaks between chapters because I just wasn't too interested, though I did begin go wonder make hat happened next so I would end up going back to the book. I do feel like I missed a few things though during my first read however. Overall, I think the book is worth another read.I gave Arrow of the Mist a 3/5.I received a copy to review for a tour put together by Xpresso Book Tours.